Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sheet music for piano... i need to read it...?

I got a Yamaha keyboard for christmas and it's fab. It has a grand piano setting and I'm currently using it to help me learn piano. I cannot afford lessons, so I'm teaching myself along with the help of a few online Youtube lessons. The only thing is, i'm finding it very difficult to get my head around sheet music. I'm very desperate and determined to learn it, so I'm not quitting easy! I was wondering if anybody could suggest either: Any good books which will help me learn, any online toutorials, or methods.





Anything that would help me! Thank you =]Sheet music for piano... i need to read it...?
I don't play piano, but do play a lead guitar and reading music has certainly helped with learning basic chords and how to put them together.


The below link is to a website for introducing you to sheet music http://www.notationmachine.com/how_to_re鈥?/a>


If you have problems keeping time (as in 4 beats to a bar) it's a good idea to buy a metronome which will click out the beats for you to keep up with.


You need to recognize and know the symbols for what clef the song is written in, what the key signature is and what flats or sharps, where to rest, before you can begin to read and play the sheet music correctly.


I hope I haven't put you off learning to read sheet music, it really is down to practice and more practice. I wish you luck in your learning and it will be worth it in the endSheet music for piano... i need to read it...?
There is no short cut to learning to read and play music. I would suggest that you go to your local music shop and explain to them what you want to do and they will have beginners music books that will suit you. Do not be impatient. It will take time but the reward is well worth the effort and time taken to learn. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment