Thursday, March 11, 2010

Help reading SHEET MUSIC for the PIANO what do notes UNDER the staff lines mean omg?

Well I have been taking a small course on this and to describe what I am asking I have a picture of a sheet music of jingle bells bellow BUT anyway I circled what I mean. IT shows that some notes should be played under the lines but they are still in the G CLEF. What the heck am I supposed to play on the PIANO for that. Explain and then tell me for instance what note I would play for the first note I circled and then the 1/8th note on the same line???? I appreciate any help here and note that you can zoom in on the image by left clicking if it isn't big enough. HELP?











http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/226/noteswv4.jpgHelp reading SHEET MUSIC for the PIANO what do notes UNDER the staff lines mean omg?
Those notes are just there to indicate that they should be played with the right hand. The notes underneath (called ledger lines) just keep going down the scale as far as they are written. For example the first note you circled, the bottom note on the ledger line would be an A (one step below middle c).Help reading SHEET MUSIC for the PIANO what do notes UNDER the staff lines mean omg?
Okay. So the lowest line on the Treble cleff staff is an E, right? So the first group of notes that are below the staff are an A and a C. All you have to do to figure out what they are is...if there is a note on a line one space below the lowest, the it is two white notes on the piano down. It's just as if it were on the staff, only they put lines there to 'extend' the staff. Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain it.
http://www.markjamesmusiclessons.com/ima鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment